If there is one thing you can do to grow your audience and your sales it’s this: be consistent. Sounds too simple to be true, right? I promise you it really is that easy!
Let me break it down for you.
Are you familiar with the “Know, Like, and Trust” factor? The premise is based on the fact that people will purchase from you when they know you, they like you, and they trust you. Think about this in your own life. When you are searching for a doctor, or a masseuse, or a hairdresser, what do you do? You ask your friends, you read reviews, and you look them up online, right? You listen to your friends because you know them and trust their opinions. You read reviews to see if others like them. You look them up online to get to know them.
Know, Like, and Trust
So, the more you see someone or something, the more you feel like you know them, the more comfortable you are with them, and the more trust you have. I’ll give you a personal example. I saw a post on social media where this person recommended someone’s program who was new to me and I was curious, so I followed her on Instagram. She was in the middle of a launch, but I wasn’t familiar with her at that point, so I didn’t purchase the program (even though it was interesting to me). But, I continued to follow her and a couple of months later she offered a different program and I purchased it. Why? I got to know her because she shows up on Instagram consistently. I trusted her because someone recommended her. I liked her because I got to see her personality in her stories.
What does this mean for you? First of all, people are watching and paying attention! You know how awesome you are, but others don’t know just how much you can improve their lives unless you are showing up consistently to tell them. Don’t hide your talents (read more about that here)!
When people see you every day, they get into your rhythm and you don’t feel foreign to them. In turn, when you don’t feel so unknown, they are more likely to trust you, and when they trust you, they are excited to buy from you. Think about it – are you more likely to buy something from someone you’ve never met and is totally new to you, or from someone you feel like you know?
This trust comes from consistency! What does this mean logistically?
- Having a newsletter schedule (at least monthly) and sticking to it.
- Having a blog (or YouTube or podcast) schedule and sticking to it.
- Posting on social media at least 3-5 times/week.
- Show your face – record videos and let people into your life because people love that!
- Don’t be afraid to show your personality – it’s what makes you, you and people buy from people they like.
I know what you’re going to say: you’re so busy doing your thing that you don’t have time to do these things. It can be overwhelming, but here are a few tricks to make it easier:
- Batch create and schedule your posts ahead of time. For my clients, I will generally create and schedule posts for the entire month in one sitting. And then it’s done and no one has to think about it for another 30 days.
- Recycle your content. Use your blog posts (or content from your videos or podcasts) as content for your newsletters and social media.
- If you still feel overwhelmed, outsource! This is one of the first things that entrepreneurs get off of their plates.
If you want to follow along with my journey, want to learn some business tips, or see some cute dog videos, let’s be internet friends!
Whether you’re a high vibe virtual assistant starting out and wanting a roadmap to build your business, a soulpreneur wondering what an online business manager can do for you, or you want a discount on my favorite business tools, check them out here!